Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No More Of The Counter-Productive

Sometimes, blogging becomes counter-productive. After the initial fizz of starting this blog, and putting the the thoughts into words for the first time, I found myself stuck. I'd gotten too busy thinking about the issues, reading about others' stories, thinking back on past experiences, and dreaming about the future. The distant future. Not next week or tomorrow, let alone today. Instead of getting up with the sunrise and going out for a jog, I was getting up and spending that time surfing the internet... Blogging got me deeper enmeshed in everything I've been fighting against!

So, here I am, I've not been exercising as much as I like to, and my body feels sluggish and tense. I've not been out into the wilds for weeks, and my mind feels brittle and grey just like all the city streets and concrete. Instead of freeing myself from wage slavery, I've been thinking overtime about work. Enough.

As of today, I'm going to sort myself out. Do! Don't think. What is one of the best things in my life? Running. So it's time for new targets, to get me back on track, and moving forwards.

My fitness is about rock bottom at the moment - barely chugging out more than a mile or two, a couple of times a week. But there are some damn good marathons and adventure events lurking over the horizon in 2009. Time to get training, time to get going again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...