Monday, September 15, 2008

The First Big Step

Its a big step, this switching from the privacy of my journals to the (potentially!?) public forum of a blog. It's daunting, but necessary. I've been writing away to myself for years, playing with gut feelings and vague notions on page after white page. Devouring the stories and opinions of writers and bloggers whose words ring true for me, reflecting on their messages, applying them to me and mine. And then... putting the journals back in the cupboard and getting on with the same old same old.

All that privacy was necessary to start to get to grips with my instincts - slightly unconventional, mildly subversive, potentially non-conformist! But privacy has only carried me so far. Until now, I've lacked the gumption - to not only decide what i think, but also to say it out loud.

So that's what this blog is all about. Putting gut feelings into coherent words, and then putting those words out there.

And what exactly am I on about?

Freedom, Autonomy and Bliss. Passion and Meaning. Running, Travel, and Exploration. Creativity, Sensation, and Simplicity.

Wonderful things, that need chasing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...