Sunday, March 8, 2009

Running Gems: Time-Trial Snowman

I could've done without a run this morning. I wasn't feeling particularly inspired when I got up, I could almost have gone back to bed, or put the radio on and curled up with the newspaper under a duvet. Let the weather do its worst, enjoy the rattle of rain on the window panes, while I lounge snug in pyjamas with hot tea and toast. That's how I felt first thing.

But, I made myself get out there, into the wind, rain and sleet. Chug out a mile or two, I thought to myself, make a token gesture.

A couple of miles in, the sleet transformed to snow. Masses of snow swirling madly round me on the wind. My black running gear was getting caked white, I kept going, like a time-trial abominable snowman. Big fluffly flakes clogged up on the outside of my glasses, while on the inside I steamed up. I jogged on through a haze of poor visibility. More flakes landed on my lips, tingling as they dissolved. Grinning from ear to ear, I kept running in a state completely ill-equipped for this kind of weather. Brilliant.

Picture by foggydave

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...