Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What Happens Between Jobs?

So. I am 'between jobs' at the moment (though it'll not be for long, it has to be said). I can feel my internal gears crunching. It's that shift, away from being externally directed by all the requirements dictated by a job - what time to get up, what to wear, how to travel, be there by such-and-such a time, leave when we say you can...

Now, my time is my own, and I've got that 'cast adrift' sensation. I've been here before, more than once, and I know how it runs. But that doesn't stop me floundering a bit. For the next short while, I can get up when I want, wear whatever I damn well please, and best of all, do what I choose... Fabulous.

But my internals are still adjusting. They're expecting a blast from the boss, or a word from the line manager, or a phone call from a client.

Waiting for something external and all-powerful to make my next decision for me.

Nae luck to that. For now, it's just me and I'm going to enjoy it.

Image by aussiegall

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...