Saturday, March 7, 2009

Are You Playing The Game?

I've only 2 weeks left at work, and my professional facade is wearing thin. Not with clients, but with all the games and pretending, all the unsaid rules, and the unsaid scams, that permeate this organisation. I didn't often mind this stuff before. Occasionally something would get under my skin, but usually I played the game and didn't think about it much, just like everyone else. That's a big part of what being 'professional' is. But now, with the end in sight, absolutely everything is getting to me.

It doesn't make sense. How many times have I declared on this blog that I love my work? I thought I was being genuine too. I was being genuine; about the work I do, directly with clients... But I was obviously kidding myself about loving the big, unweildy, bureaucratic monster that I work for.

I want to find a way of living and working so that never again do find myself 'playing the game.' At least, not if the game is all lies and scams, shirking responsibility, getting 'creative' with paperwork, or compromising the health, principals and dreams of myself and others.

Image by kennymatic

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...