Friday, March 27, 2009

Bring On The Next Adventure

Having so recently had my knuckles rapped for being all talk, no action... Here we go folks! I am taking action, and I am outta here.

Already left the job last week (emotional moment at the time, distant memory already). Most of my stuff left this afternoon (thank you to the kindly family members who had the boot of their car free to lift it all). My final bag is packed, and I am scheduled to leave early-doors tomorrow morning (after a last final jog round the botanic gardens, for old-times sake). And that's it.

The end of my city-living, city-slicking period. The end of easy access to global coffee chains (Starbucks I'll miss you). The last of lounging the afternoon away in global bookshop chains, reading Tim Ferriss for free (Borders, its been good). The demise of crawling the last 5 miles home in first gear every night (M8 motorway, you can go hang for all I care).

Its a new beginning. A new era of working from home (praise be to internet connections). A new start in wilderness living (how far did you say it was to the nearest Marks & Spencers?). A new life of self-sufficiency, not retail therapy (not that I often did that anyway).

I don't know how its going to go, but I am more than ready. Bring on the next adventure.

Picture by atomicjeep

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...