Monday, January 19, 2009

How Travelling Can Give You Super-Hero Powers


Like Hiro in the TV series Heroes, I too can travel through time and space.

As I'm typing this post, it is this winter's first snow fall in the city. Big fluffly flakes of snow are cascading down and settling on the cars and bushes and buildings outside my window. And as I sit here I get a rush, backwards in time and across thousands of miles! Suddenly I am simultaneously sitting at my window in my little house in the north of Japan 8 years ago, watching the snow fall. Something about the light, the temperature, the sense of contented isolation having come home to an empty house after a day's work, is identical. It's not just that i can 'remember' it, it's that I can feel it, vividly.

Having travelled in real time and space once, I am able to travel back there again and again for the rest of my days. All I need, is the right sensory trigger. 

That's what travelling does for you, it gives you super-hero powers.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...